ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT UNIT
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Provision of Enterprise Development Services as envisaged in the Fund’s Mandates entails; fostering and promotion of entrepreneurship, typically in the form of micro, small and medium businesses/enterprises.The importance of capacity building and provision of other support services to youth entrepreneurs is deemed crucial in enhancing the sustainability of their enterprises.
The ED unit falls under the department of Lending and Investment.
- Mandates of Enterprise Development unit
- Establish a capacity building programme for youth enterprises by identifying skills and competency needs for youth enterprises.
- Provide business development services to youth owned and youth focused enterprises
- Establish Business Development Services (BDS) partnership for capacity building
- Lobby for preferential sourcing from youth enterprises
- Establish a capacity building programme for District Youth Officers
- Promotion of networking among youth entrepreneurs
- Increase access to Information Communication and Technology (ICT) for youth enterprises by creating linkages with existing ICT initiatives specifically the ICT village DYOs)
Requirements for provision of Business Development Services
Kenyan youth (18-35) running a registered business enterprise as a group or individual
- Need for BDS provision as established by the Enterprise Needs Assessment of the Fund.
- Have qualified for financing from whichever financier (Not mandatory)
For more Enterprise Development Resources Click here