Commercial infrastructure is a unit within the lending and investment department of Youth enterprise development fund, through the unit the fund lobby and advocate for provision of trading spaces with stakeholders in both public and private sectors .The roles of Commercial infrastructure are as below;
1.0) Trading space
Acquiring space to do business in many municipalities has been an ever arising issue due to the many requirement that property owners demand, amongst them are goodwill and deposits which eat into huge amounts of business capital leading to early business failure due to cash flow problems .To cussion the youth against this commercial infrastructures has and will continue establish partnerships with public and private sector land owners and enter into agreement that shall lead to establishment of legally recognized, standard and safe business structures .To this end the council has signed MOU with various local authorities with youth focused business structures being commissioned .
Major commercial infrastructure roles involve but are not limited to;
- Advocating and lobbying local authorities and other stakeholders country wide for youth focused commercial infrastructure development.
- Developing a guide to investment in commercial infrastructure.
- Research to identify infrastructure development approaches beneficial for youth entrepreneurs in various regions of the country.
- Designing and executing marketing and other trading space plans.
- Building solid private and public sector contact networks and partnerships.
1.0) Business Incubation Services.
For young entrepreneurs with business skills and plans but lack office facilities we have programs designed to accelerate the successful development of their business ideas. We offer an array of business support services and resources services which include,