The Youth Enterprise Development Fund is offering the Agri-Vijana loan targeting young people keen on undertaking agri-business and more specifically, Green house farming.
This has been made possible through a partnership with smart solution Africa Limited to support young farmers in acquiring greenhouses presenting a shift from traditional farming methods to modernized ones.
Smart Solution Africa Limited is engaged to supply Farmers Kits which is tailor made to meet the young farmers’ specific needs.
- Application will be made through our constituency offices/regional offices
- Amount approved will be amount requested once requirements have all been met.
- The loan will be guaranteed by the group members/personal guarantees and green house and House hold items worth 200,000
- The loan attracts no interest ,but 10% management fee is chargeable
- Successful applicant will be issued with the green house and the following inputs;
- Green house tunnels with solarig covers, locking profile and Steel reinforced structures
- At least 3 years guarantee for each SSA kit. This guarantee will start running upon disbursement of the loan to a beneficiary of the SSA kit and shall survive the expiry of this agreement.
- Different types of covers favorable for different climatic conditions and environments within Kenya
- complete plant support system with ground and overhead components
- 1000 liters solid tank
- High quality drip irrigation system sufficient for green house and open field
- Sufficient nursery sets and growing media
- High quality seeds for the first seasons inside the green house and open field
- Assorted agro-chemicals sufficient for one season
- Granule- Coated Control release fertilizers for the first season
- Personal protective equipment:-
- An Apron(overall)
- Gum boots
- Head gear
- Cartridge mask
- Knap Sack Sprayer
- Insurance cover for SSA kit and the crops against natural calamities for the period of loan
- Training on greenhouse management
- Delivery of the greenhouse and all the related components to the specified beneficiaries’ farms.
- Complete installation and commissioning of the green houses and the drip irrigation system.
General requirements by applying group/individuals
- Proof of access to land
- Access to reliable source of water
- Ability to raise initial deposits amounts (see below for details)
- Site visit appraisals by constituency/regional office
- Guarantors Copy of id and pin
Requirements by applying group
- The group members must be within the age bracket of (18-34)
- Officials must be within the age (18-34)
- The group must have registered with social department and have a valid registration certificate.
- Group must have a bank account
- Group to provide all the members id copies
- Group minutes signed and confirmed by the officials to inform of members resolution to borrow
Requirements by applying individual
- Copy of id and pin
- Three months certified bank statement
- Three months business record if the applicant is in business
- Letter from employer and three months certified pay slip if the applicant is employed
- Fixed Model Greenhouse 8x30m with open family drip system 90m – Ksh430,000
- Fixed Model Greenhouse 8x24m with open family drip system 90m – Ksh399,000
- Fixed Model Greenhouse 8x15m with open family drip system 90m – Ksh357,344
- 10% deposit must be paid to youth fund account once the loan has been approved
- Instalments will be inclusive of management fee
- Application form
- Certified list of the group members
- Copies identification card and pin for the applicant and guarantors
- Group minutes signed by group officials
- Copy of valid registration certificate
- Appraisal report from the constituency/regional officer
- Land consent form where applicant is leasing the land
- Copy of tittle deed
- Two colored passport size photos to be submitted by individual applicants
- Two Duly signed guarantors forms
Mode of disbursement
- Group/applicant will be issued with the farmers kit as per the approved application
- The group/applicant will enjoy 4months grace period before start paying the facility.
- The monthly installment is paid to Youth fund account quoting the code.