AGRI -BIZ LOAN
For youth who wish to start or expand agricultural related businesses
About The Loan
The loan is available to youth who wish to start or expand agricultural related businesses including purchase of equipment and working capital. The loan is available to individuals, registered groups, partnerships and companies owned and run by the youth. Youth can access up to Kshs. 2 million. The loan has no interest but a management fee of 5% of the loan amount will be deducted from the loan at disbursement.
The loan will be repaid within a period of 3 years. Loan amount up to Kshs. 300,000 will be secured using chattels and assets to be purchased. Loans above Kshs. 300,000 will be fully secured using conventional securities.
- Applicants must source for inputs or equipment from accredited vendors and provide invoices/quotations for the same
- Must have a valid supply contract where applicable and copies of the same provided
- Must have relevant licenses, and provide copies
- Must have a proposal for starting an agricultural undertaking endorsed by a mentor in the same agribusiness who will also guarantee the applicant
- Must provide relevant business records including sales agreement
- Must provide certified 6 months bank statements
- Undertaking by contracting/procuring entity to pay the proceeds to Youth Enterprise Development Fund
- Must provide proof of ownership of land where farming will be undertaken or lease agreements for leased land, or consent of use of land from owner.
- Must have 2 guarantors, one of whom must be operating in the industry. In the absence of this, the applicant must provide a conventional security.
- Start-up applicants must be organized in groups, or must have alternative income, or must provide conventional securities.